My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Monday, November 8, 2010

Disaster... gonna leave Steel Clay for a while

I'm afraid that firing the new Pearl Steel Gray Clay in my kiln just isn't in the cards for me. I'm so disappointed with my own results that I've decided to leave it for a while... after three failed attempts. I'll wait until there is more development in the way of a firing schedule in a mini kiln box. It's a new clay... I'll let others lead the way into this new frontier.

I've lost patience with this clay and will stick with the one that I know best... PMC Silver. I've always had good results with PMC Silver. Although it's more expense... I have never been dissappointed with my results with that one. As you can see from my past creations here, here and here.
 
Thus... mini kiln boxes, steel clay powder, coconut carbon and ash sifter are now packed away in the shed for another day.  Hopefully, not too far in the future.

2 comments:

Wilma Simmons (Empress Wu Designs) said...

Hi Hector
Sorry to hear of your disappointment - cheer up. I think you're fantastic just for giving it a go. You probably just need some thinking time to develop a different step in the process. All the best, looking forward to seeing your fabulous work again soon.

Hector Vera said...

Thanks, Wilma. I packed all up this morning. Someday, I'll go back to it. Have a wonderful day.