My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Shattered"

This is a hollow form winged-heart bead with spikes and armour that I created a while ago.  I exhibited this bead with a pewter chain at the Bellingen Nexus Gallery and received fantastic praises.  I must say that it wasn't there for very long - in fact sold at the opening in only about 20 miuntes to a lovely couple that enjoy sharing their jewellery.

Lara Le Reveur, a fabulous artist and instructor said this about it- "I like the spikes and armour, and the wings create a positive aspect and I would like to think that the gap is so we can all see there is a way in past the defences!"

I acually wrote a poem in describing the meaning behind this art bead and it goes like this.


The wings of change now carry me through the tender chambers of my heart,
and they're telling me the time has come to finally leave the past behind.

Thank you thorns and thank you shield for your shelter, for now the healing has begun.

No comments: