My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Monday, February 1, 2010

Guido Mocafico: Serpens (Hardcover)

Whilst in Melbourne, recently for the Australian Open, I visited the National Gallery of Victoria for a looksy at Ron Mueck's sculpture exhibition. His sculptures made of silicon or fiberglass and acrylic casting from clay models are incredibly realistic. He alters the scale of the sculptures to raise the emotional and psychological impact. It makes you take notice in a way that you wouldn't do with something that's just normal. 
Before leaving the gallery I popped into the bookshop since I love collecting books on anything that sparks my creativity and curiosity.

When I opened this book, it was like magic! Every page captures the beauty of this animal. I'm amazed at all the fabulous range of colours and textures. I've already creatived beads and jewellery with these canes, in my head... and so excited about making them a reality.

No comments: