My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Who says a Zebra can't Change it's Stripes?


Today I made this Translucent Skinner Blend Stripe Cane‏ with a bit of yellow that I mixed up and a bit of green.  Seems like I'm always picking those two colours for some reason.  Don't know why, guess I just like 'em.

I love this technique that I learned from a Donna Kato tutorial.  She's one of my favourite polymer clay artists.  She's always making fabulous things with bold designs and colours.

Below is an image of the pillow beads that I made using this skinner blend plug. I find that it's better to use a sheet of white clay, rolled on the #3 setting, as the base. Unless you'd like to bring forward another colour. So in this case, I shaved thin slices from the cane and applied them randomly over the top of the white sheet of clay.



This fresh summer bracelet includes coral beads and shell pearls. The shell pearl beads are spiral encased in 20 gauge non-tarnish artisan wire.

Made this for a flyer promoting a caning class that I'll be teaching at Studio Amara in the Southern Highlands later in the year.

A limited number of unique and original loose beads created with this cane will be available for purchase on my website soon!

No comments: