My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's here, it's here... my precious little mini kiln!

I found someone to carve out the Mini Kiln for me. I'm so excited that I can now fire my test samples tonight.  I'm keeping fingers crossed that the steel clay sinters competely. 













The photo on the right are my test pieces all lined up about 1/2 inch apart in Coconut Carbon, before covering completely.  I didn't spend a lot of time refining these pieces, they're just about the size and thickness that I will use if this works out.  Theyre squared cut pieces about 4 cards thick.  Will tell you about my firing schedule in another post.. I just want to make sure that it works right, first.  Read about and see the soft fire brick before it became a mini kiln.

No comments: