My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I sanded the steel bracelet with a dremel today

It's been about 4 weeks since I made the Steel Clay and Viking Knitted bracelet. I wanted to see how long it would take for it to begin rusting without having been sealed. Has started to do so. Today I gave it a good clean with the dremel. It's nice and shiny now... has a pearl gray colour to it. I can see why they call it that now.

Here's a pic of it all cleaned up and sealed with Renaissance Wax

I just received my order of the Steel Clay and Coconut Carbon and will be test firing it in a couple of days.

I'll be posting pics of my results as well as the mini kiln when it's finished.
Check out the earlier posting about this bracelet here to see how it looked before sanding with the dremel tool and sealed with jeweller's wax.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Hey Hector, this bracelet looks very masculine. I like the rustic look about it and reckon guys would be very interested in it.
Cheers....patrick