My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Sunday, August 28, 2011

This particular one was as tough as an old tire


I've just conditioned an old block of Premo Black Polymer clay that I had laying around for a while and I gotta tell you "It was as touch as an old tire... you know like one left out in the sun for ages". 

I could tell as I was slicing it up that it was going to give me a hard time.  Every slice was dry with white bits.  Thank goodness for the Sculpey Clay Softener.

It only took about five or six drop of the clay softener and a little bit massaging to make it right as rain.  I nearly thought that I was gonna have to bring out the ole' food processor.  Good thing that I didn't have to go that far with it.  Anyhow, all's good!

Okay, now to get back to the claying table. No rest for the weary.

2 comments:

Wilma Simmons (Empress Wu Designs) said...

Happy to hear you are working hard at creating new masterpieces. I can relate - I've had clay like this too, usually a colour I didn't really like and avoided using!

Hector Vera said...

Thanks, Wilma. Gosh, it's such a relief. I just finally finished working on a booklet for the local high school on a polymer clay class that I'm running on Tuesday and Wednesay. That's what the black clay was for. I'll post up pics shortly.