My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sacred Heart sketch

It's great to be back after a long holiday in the states to see my family and long time friends.After visiting San Antonio, Texas, I was inspired to create a series of sacred hearts on my return.

Life has been so busy and things are finally settling down that I'm back in the studio making some of these things a reality.

I began this morning sketching out an idea of what I have been formulating in my mind. As I drew and erased and drew some more I finished with this image and now on my studio bench envolving beautifully.

It's a mixed media piece.  The wings will be made of faux bone and rivited on.  I think that I'll make the flames from 24 gauge Red Anodised Aluminum sheet and rivet that into the top opening of the hollow form.

I'll post up a finshed pic when it's all completed.

No comments: