My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Contemporary Viking Knit Jewellery


It's only about 2-1/2 weeks until the Canberra Contemporary Craft Retreat where I'll be teaching Viking Knitting.

It's going to be a full on weekend with 20 different classes on offer.

If you missed the enrolment deadline... not to worry as it will be back next year.

The image at the left is an example of what the class will be making on the day but with Antique Bronze Wire.  I love the richness of the darker wire as you will see in the last three Viking Knitted bracelets below.

The hand-crafted lampwork bead is called "Waterfall" and made in Australia by Karen Hall.  You can see more of her fabulous lampwork on her etsy site Aussie Fire Beads.  If you could see this bead in person... you'll agree with me that it's like Blue Fire, that bead. Her beads are hand made in her Adelaide South Australia studio using Lauscha and Moretti Glass. Totally Fabulous!

In preparation for the Contemporary Craft Retreat, I have been spending the last couple of day making these Viking Knitted Bracelets to go on my trade table.  It's been great fun.

Just now stopped to take some pics because I've run out of the toggle and clasps so waiting for them to arrive in the post, so that I can get straight back into it. As you can see in the image just below (missing toggle & clasp).

No comments: