My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hybrid-Human Sculpture

Just back from a marvelous day at Lex Sorrentino's sculpting studio.  This is my first time working with Sculpey Living Dolls clay.  I love it's natural skin tone colouring.

Here's a pic of the Hybrid-Human that I created on the day.  Looks a little spooky with those white zombie like eyes, huh?!

Learned a great trick on how to remove wrinkles in the clay... in finishing.  Use a smooth, heated,  riverstone that's been dipped in hot water and run it all over the clay.  Like magic it irons out all the creases.  Fabulous!

Later I'll post a pic of the finished sculpture with blue head spikes, a little face colour and yellow eyes. 

No comments: