My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Spirit Leaves "SOLD" at the Nexus Community Gallery

I am so happy to tell you that my framed "polymer clay art" was sold at the current "Members' Exhibition" at the Nexus Community Gallery, at the Old Butter Factory, Bellingen.  It actually sold before the exhibition even opened.  A local business women, Katrina, called in to see what was being hung the morning before and saw my entry.  She had an immediate connection to it and bought it on the spot.

Notice the prominate "Red Dot" which means 'SOLD'.  I love red dots, especially when they're displayed in very close proximity to my artwork.  Framing by Graham and Sandy of the "Oasis Moon Framing" shop in Raleigh.  I was thinking that an ornate frame would be the perfect thing for this one when Graham and Sandy said that a silver frame would be what this artwork commanded.  I knew the moment I saw this frame that it was made for this one. 

The current exhibition, where you can see my "Spirit Leaves" framed artwork is on exhibition until the 14th of January, 2011.  I am so proud of how well the leaves flow in this piece.  It really has a great sense of movement and depth perception.  I taught this process and technique to Year 10 High School Students just before the Christmas School Holidays.  Click here to see their artwork using this polymer clay technique.

1 comment:

Wilma Simmons (Empress Wu Designs) said...

Congratulations Hector - such a beautiful piece. No wonder it sold before the exhibition. Happy Creative New Year!