My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Monday, March 21, 2011

Fabulous Filly inspired by Christi Friesen

I've been working on a bit of sculpting this week. This is a Fantasy Horse Head focal bead, incorporating fibres and crystals from an online tutorial on Christi Friesen's website.

The thick black wire running through the horse's mane will be removed after baking; the tunnel created by the wire is for hanging on a necklace.

I've used some Swarovski Crystals, glass beads and pearlex powders as embellishments.  I think this horse looks as sweet as candy.  Reminds me a lot of the cotton candy that I loved to eat, as a child, when I attended the State and Country Fairs in America.

Check out the downloadable tutorials; they are very affordable.  This one was only $5.99 with easy to follow step by step instructions.

Christi Friesen is returning to Oz for another Polyclay Workshops Tour.


I've saved the dates in my calendar 'cause I want to be sure and get to as many of her classes as possible.  I attending one a couple years ago and it was wonderful.  She is so funny and a great teacher.  I am sure that her classes will be in the major capital cities

No comments: