My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bangle Bracelet

Tonight I did a little playing around with wirework and some polymer clay after finding a downloaded project by Connie Fox on the Beading Daily website from a while ago.


It's all about wire wrapping and creating links.

In the project Connie says "What do tangelos, werewolves, and bangles have in common?  All three are combinations of 2 elements: tangerine-grapefruit, man-wolf, and bangle-bracelet."

So there you go.  The definition of a Brangle Bracelet. 

I actually made more polymer clay beads than I needed.  I liked them all so much that it was so difficult to decide which ones to use in the bangle bracelet.  Had to edit it a few times to get it to the right size.  There are so many wire working techniques that I wanted to use here.  But not to worry... they'll turn up on other ones.


Description: wirewrapping,  wire wrapped jewelry, wire bracelets, wire jewelry.
Materials:  Handcrafted polymer clay beads, fine silver balls, fine silver toggle and clasp, non-tarnish artisan wire, black agate stones, and sterling silver jump rings.
Techniques:  Wirewrapping. twisted wire formed with a power drill and coiling, simple eye pins.

No comments: