My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Polymer Clay art on canvas

"Bush Tucker"

I call this "Bush Tucker". The focal critters are Witchetty Grubs, which are a principal food source the Aboriginal women gather in Central Australia. The black line through the centre represents a trail of termite ants. Whilst the spirals with black and white are the termite mounds... saw them on my trip to the outback a few years ago. The dots are vegetation and other bush tucker.

This is one of the art projects that I'm teaching at a local High School to Aboriginal Students through a Literacy and Numercy program.

Mini Display Easel with Canvas that I purchased from the Bellingen News Agent. Canvas measures 6cm x 8cm.

No comments: