My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Thursday, August 26, 2010

"All Hands In"


These are the hands of my high school students, of Aboriginal ancestry, whom I taught to make polymer clay braceletes with a "Bush Tucker" theme.

What a fantastic picture capturing some of the beautiful skin colours of  Australia's Indigenous nations.

In this class of Year 7 students, I taught them colour mixing, making canes, creating there own polyclay beads,  balanced jewellery designs, and constructing the bracelet using basic jewellery wire tools.

Can you make out which component reresents the "Honey Ant", "Emu morsel with Mountain Pepper" and the "Witchetty Grub"?


1 comment:

Cherie said...

Fabulous image and gorgeous bracelets. Congratulations Hector on what you're creating ;)
Sorry I'm at a loss to choose which is which bracelet but no matter what they're all very beautiful! Loving what you're doing up there ;)