My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Introduction to Precious Metal Clay at Patrick's

Here's (photo on  left) an image of the fantastic jewellery that was made in the class that I taught at Patrick's today.  Patrick's been after me to line up a class for a couple of his beading ladies for some time now.  Well it finally happened and we all had a ball.

Patrick couldn't wait to make a chainmaille bracelet with his piece, as you can see from the image shown at top centre. He picked the Tidal Lines texture mat. Very nice! I left all my gear at Patrick's place 'cause I couldn't get it all home on the train. I'll be picking it up in a couple of days. He said that he'll be making something else by then. Claudette (at head of the table, shown photo above left) was just so excited about her creations. Her's are the two pictured on the left (top left inset photo). Sorry about the quality of the image, I had forgotten to take my camera along so these were taken with my mobile phone. Anyhow, Claudette was especially pleased with her pieces after burnishing them. I can't wait to see what fabulous beading thing she does with her marvelous toggle and clasp. And the pair of earrings are lovely, too.


Amanda's three on the left (below Patricks' in the top inset photo). At first Amanda made a sorta long and narrow toggle for her amazing clasp and then decided that it just didn't work, aesthetically, so quickly produced the boomerang one... it's much bigger from the original one (as you can see). We all agreed that it looks so much better now.

The texture mat on the left is called "Interferance" and it's the one that Amanda used in her design. This is a new texture stamp, in my studio, which I hadn't used before. But now that I see what you get with this one... you bet that I'll be using it pretty soon.



The texture mat on the right is called "Tidal Waves" and it's the one that Patrick and Claudette used in their design. 

No comments: