My new Website!

Please also visit my newly "re-designed website" on http://www.veradesigns.com.au/

Friday, May 21, 2010

Mixed Metal Pendant

This is a pendant that I made with copper sheets, fine silver tube rivets and a base metal focal.  The metal focal is riveted to a sheet of copper (inset) and that was then secured with four fine silver tube rivets at you see on the front.  I struck around the inner cut out with a ball peen hammer to force the metal to move... thus creating the dome and giving the piece more depth and dimension.  Striking the edges with a Riveting Hammer creates texture.


I used metal shears to cut out the frame, leaving a tab at the top that I then used a Wubbers Bail Making Pliers rolled over to create the bail. The Wubbers Medium-Sized Bail Making Pliers are great for making consistent bends.

1 comment:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

What a beauty Hector! I love the domed out area, really does bring dimension to the piece. I need to learn how to do those rivets. They are such a classy way to attach layers together.